A carbohydrate is a compound of organic materials whose main purpose is to provide the cells of the human body with the energy necessary for their proper functioning. However, they can be classified into two categories, simple carbohydrates and complex carbohydrates. As a result, several particularities exist and it is important to specify them in order to derive the greatest benefit from them.
The importance of carbohydrates in daily life
The carbohydrates have a leading role in everyday life, strengthen body cells and constantly regenerating them remains their main mission.
As noted above, we have:
- Simple carbohydrates: With respect to their structure, simple carbohydrates Where simple carbohydrates are composed of a single unit or several of sugar which do not exceed 20. Which means that these types of carbohydrates will allow a rapid breakdown and therefore a easier digestion of food. Among the simple carbohydrates, we have glucoses, maltoses, lactoses, fructoses.
They can be found in foods such as white potatoes, white rice, candies, fruit juices and sports drinks.
- Complex carbohydrates: Unlike simple carbohydrates, compound carbohydrates are large units from 20 units to 100 units max. And among the complex carbohydrates, we have starches, fibers and glycogen. We can find them in cauliflowers, oranges, apples, carrots, oats, apples…
Glucose is also one of the complex carbohydrates. As being the brain fuel, and its need alone, is estimated at 140 g per day. Therefore, the purpose of glucose is to mobilize when one of the cells calls upon it to regain its energy.
What do you need to know?!
As designated, the carbohydrates have many benefits for the body :
- They make it possible to regulate the appetite: Thanks to their fiber contribution, the complex carbohydrates participate in the regulation of appetite. They favor the feeling of satiety and are important for a good balanced diet.
- They contribute in theincreased blood glucose levels : This is a particularity for all carbohydrates, because they promote a good nutritional balance. This is for example the case of simple sugars, which have the ability to increase blood sugar. They are particularly useful for bodybuilding enthusiasts.
- They facilitate quality sleep: Carbohydrates contribute to the growth of tryptophan in the body. These are nutrients that produce serotonin and melatonin essential for a quality sleep. Therefore, for insomniacs, it is strongly advised to use carbohydrates.
However, to be in perfect adequacy, it is advisable to follow a regular dosage.
How many carbohydrates per day?
The carbohydrate consumption per day depends on the needs of the organization and above all on the objectives set. Being a main source of energy, it is needless to say that its consumption is a basis for maintaining a good nutritional balance.
For a man, for example, the need is 2,000 calories per day. Which is equivalent to 45% or 65% ofcarbohydrate intake i.e. 900 to 1300 Kcal, of energy intake. To do this, his diet should include 225 to 325 grams of carbohydrates per day.
However, for a woman, the daily requirement is about 1500 calories, namely, 169 to 244 g of carbohydrates per day. However, it should be noted that the carbohydrate intake varies according to the lifestyle of the individual.
For example, for a high-level athlete, its consumption is essential, these are essential weight gain carbohydrates in the muscle development.
We also talk about carbs diets to get rid of excess fat stored in the body. To do this and have quick results, a deficit of 500 calories is essential per day for two weeks. It should be noted that the simple carbohydrates are the main weight gain facilitators.
Therefore, despite all the elements specified, the opinion of a health professional is necessary.
Like our content ?
Receive our latest publications free of charge and directly in your mailbox every day