Several batches of cakes are affected by a recall procedure. The Cakes in question are from the Biscuiterie Vital Ainé brand and have been marketed in several supermarkets in France. Here are the lots affected by the recall.
The products affected by the recall
The government site Rappel Conso informs that chocolate cakes that have been marketed in supermarkets are affected by a recall. In question ? The products contain peanuts. However, this information is not mentioned on their packaging.
The recalled chocolate cakes are:
- 270 g chocolate marble cakes: the products were sold across France between March 28 and June 2, 2022 in Carrefour, Auchan, Leclerc, Super U, Petit Casino and Intermarché stores. They have for article string (GTIN) 333 304 001 094 and come from batches 22074 and 22124. The expiry date of the products is fixed at September 2, August 25, and July 14.
- 340 g apricot cakes: they were marketed in Super U, Carrefour, Leclerc, Auchan and Intermarché stores between June 14 and 27, 2022. They have the article code (GTIN) 3 333 040 008 116 and come from of lot 22143. The date of minimum durability is fixed at September 23, 2022.
- 340 g raisin cakes: they were sold in the Spar, Leclerc, Carrefour, Super U, Netto and Intermarché supermarkets between June 9 and 27. They have barcode 3333040009786 and come from lot 22158. The use-by date is October 6, 2022.
- 340 g chocolate pies: the products were sold at Petit Casino, Intermarché, Carrefour, Super U and Auchan between March 18 and June 17, 2022. Two batches are affected by the recall. Batch 22075 with barcode 3333040009939, and batch 22117 with barcode 3333040009786. The expiry date for the first batch is July 14, 2022. For the second, it is August 25, 2022.
Apricot Cake 340 g – Biscuiterie VITAL
Risks: Undeclared allergenic substances
Reason: Possible presence of the peanut allergen not mentioned in the labelinghttps://t.co/5j0E9Ka2WZ pic.twitter.com/KOKaFLebwT
— Consum Reminder (@Consum Reminder) June 30, 2022
People who have in their possession the products sold in supermarkets must not consume them. Especially if you are allergic. They are invited to return them to the point of sale for a refund. Otherwise, they can also contact customer service on 05 61 98 80 05 if in doubt.
Reminder of shortbread cakes
Shortbread cookies sold in several supermarkets are also being recalled because they also contain peanuts. Three products are concerned. Those are :
- Piccola nocciola filled shortbread biscuits (125 g): these were sold in several Lidl stores between May 2 and June 24, 2022. They have barcodes 4056489565154 and 4056489565147 and come from batches 22123 and 22109. The date of minimum durability is set for April 18, 2023.
- C’TROBON brand hazelnut-cocoa filled shortbread biscuits (125 g): these were sold in several Franprix, Auchan and Carrefour stores between May 2 and June 24, 2022. The products concerned by the recall have the article code ( GTIN) 3,760,093,910,842 and come from lots 22123, 22108, and 22109. The date of minimum durability is between April 18 and May 3, 2023.
- Hazelnut-cocoa filled cocoa shortbread cookies (125 g): marketed in Carrefour stores, they come from lot 22108 and have the article code (GTIN) 3 760 093 910 835. The date of minimum durability is set at April 18, 2023.
Shortbread cookies filled with hazelnuts and cocoa – C’TROBON
Risks: Undeclared allergenic substances
Reason: Possible traces of PEANUTS present in the soy lecithin present in the fodder, not indicated on the packaging.https://t.co/P2MP3lBco1 pic.twitter.com/Zd2ecIvrMP
— Consum Reminder (@Consum Reminder) June 27, 2022
Persons allergic to peanuts are advised not to consume the products. However, they can return them to the store for a refund or contact consumer services. That of Lidl can be reached on 0 800 900 343 from Monday to Saturday, and that of Ab Foods on 04 90 26 96 89 from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Lidl cookies affected by a recall
In early June, cookies that were sold at Lidl were also recalled. The concern is that they were put on sale “with foreign language packaging” while they contain allergens. Two lots are affected by the recall. Lots L2022105 and L2022147 which have barcode 20928827.
For information, on the Rappel Conso website there is a list of all the products concerned by a recall procedure. The site was created in 2021 by the Directorate General for Competition, Consumer Affairs and Fraud Prevention (DGCCRF). It lists all categories of products except drugs.